Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blac Hollywood and the "mess" he calls music



While many artists fail to express themselves creatively or are scared to experiment within there musical talents and means, Blac Hollywood manages to do exactly that, experiment. 

Vancouver, BC Boy Cephas Munga has always had a knack for music. "My household always played Congolese music, daily"  explains Hollywood, who grew up in an African household before moving on his own to Vancouver in early 2011.
Equipped with nothing more than a desktop PC and a condenser mic, he started posting music on his Facebook to generate feedback and input."I was just rapping at first, but then I stopped showing up to university classes and I took time to learn how to make beats on FL studio. I started my own classes." Jokes Hollywood who has now mastered his blend of electronic music and rap, which has been dubbed "that different S**t" by local artists and fans. 
"My influences range from all spectrum's of  music, artists such as: Daft punk, Kid Cudi, Egyptian Lover, and Magic System"

With the official release of his new EP:"Parade of Lights". Hollywood is set to perform local shows within Vancouver BC. 
No tour dates have yet to be set but expect him to hit a venue near you in the next couple of months. 

Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site

No comments:

Post a Comment